Welcome to the British Columbia Coalition Institute (BCCI) website, a dedicated platform for an innovative and localized model of the Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research (CCGHR).
Here you can find information and resources on the various activities that support the BCCI theme of “Equity-Centred Practices for Connecting Knowledge with Action,” using the recently published CCGHR Principles for Global Health Research as a framework. Click on a link below to learn more.
*All photos have been graciously provided by Meghan Reading. For more of her work please visit her website.
When and where is the BCCI on-site event?
- Dates: September 28 – October 1st, 2017
- Location: Kelowna Community Health Services Centre (505 Doyle Avenue)
- An overview of the BCCI is provided in the BCCI Announcement.
How do I register for the on-site event?
- Thank you for your interest in the BCCI! Unfortunately, registration for the 2017 BCCI on-site event is now closed.
Is funding available to attend the BCCI?
- Yes! A limited number of bursaries are available for prospective participants to attend the BCCI.
- These bursaries are valued at $250.00 – the cost of registration for the BCCI.
- Unfortunately, we do not have any bursaries available to cover the travel costs of participants.
What’s the best way to pay the registration fee?
- The cost of registration is $200.00 for CCGHR members and $250.00 for non-members.
- Please make cheques payable Interior Health.
- Cheques can be sent via mail to the following address:
Attention: Kim Barnes
Community Health and Services Centre
3rd Floor 505 Doyle Avenue
Where is the best place to stay during the BCCI?
- We have a limited number of rooms blocked off at the Coast Capri Hotel at the government rate of $125.00 per night. To be guaranteed a room at this rate, please book by September 8th, 2017.
- Other options include:
- Kelowna International Hostel
- The Royal Anne Hotel
- Delta Grand Okanagan Resort
- Kelowna Inn & Suites
- Hotel ZED
- …and many more!
Will food be provided during the Institute?
- Yes! The Institute is being catered, and participants will be provided with light breakfasts, coffee/tea (am & pm), as well as lunches.
- Participants in the BCCI are also invited to a ‘Welcome Reception’ being held on the evening of September 28th. Stay tuned for details!
For further information, please contact Nicole Spence by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact section below.
SYPs! Stay up to speed with meet-ups and opportunities posted to the CCGHR SYPN Forum.